Monday, December 10, 2012

Wow almost Christmas ... again?  How time flies, and the older I get the quicker it seems to pass.  I had a hard time this year getting through the month of November.  Memories of Karen were so vivid and the more I thought about her the more I missed her!  I kept asking myself, will this ever really get better?  It has been so long now, and yet it is always an ever present memory and a sad ache inside that just stays there year in and year out.  I miss her constantly, and wonder what her life would have been like now, had she still been with us.  But then I comfort myself with thoughts of all the sad things that have happened over the years, and think to myself - Karen missed them all .... but then I rock to the other side of great and wonderful things that have happened and think again - she missed all of this as well.  I often find myself wanting to tell or show her something .... often wondering what her comment would have been on certain issues!

But, life goes on regardless - and so I pick the pieces up every now and then and move forward.  This is what she would expect of me - she loved life and lived it to the fullest and would want me, us all to do the same!

Life on the farm is busy, busy, busy.  It is planting time and harvest time for peaches.  Danie has already picked thousands of crates of peaches - maize has been planted, tomatoes are in and very soon he will be starting to plant cabbage for the winter.  What an amazing man he is!  To still be so on the go and work so hard at the age of 71!  He loves his farming, and I would not have it any other way!  I love this time of the year when we have plenty of peaches ...... time for jam making, not forgetting the figs, which are almost ready!

I have been very busy with a lot of my craft work and have so much fun with new ideas.  I also created a website for my self where my craft work can be seen - Go check it out and keep coming back as I keep adding new things!  www.ucanbcreative.webnode.com.  I also went a step further and started taking art classes - my first attempt was at Folk Art and then I painted my first picture!  Never thought I could ever do this, but hey I did it!  Next year I want to concentrate on the Folk Art, it is such a challenge!


A short blog, just so that you know I am still alive and kicking!!  Hoping to be back soon, and perhaps in the new year be more regular - Yeah sure!  I keep saying this but so much happens in between.  While some are afraid of the world coming to an end on 21st December ..... hahahah I am planning on what to do next year! 

So proud of my sister, she is a very much inspired writer and hopes to one day get her work published!  At the moment she is busy with an awesome book - The Piano.  I am totally addicted to the story and am sure - this is the one that will hit the market!

Keep well, May the Blessings of our Father be with you and all your families during this season - when we remember a Saviour who was born for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
View My Stats