Thursday, February 11, 2010

In The Beginning

It all started on an internet dating site. Ouch, many would say, but hey it worked for me. One day I got a short message saying, "I cannot type, please send me your phone number." Now who in the world, in this day and age cannot type I asked myself. Weird, to say the least, in an age of rapidly evolving technology. Quickly I scanned the man's profile. Danie Malan. . .married 45 years. . .a farmer. . .wife died. . .living in Magaliesberg. . .and so on. Reading the profile, I found we at least had something in common--the loss of a loved one. I was a business woman and him a farmer. . .what a mixture! Like oil and water. Cutting a long story short, after a few sessions of emails, in which he would type only a few words, I finally relented and sent my number. It was not long after when the phone rang, and after a two hour conversation we had struck up a friendship. On instinct I trusted this man, and after talking on the phone for five months, I finally agreed to have him drive down to meet me. Six months later we were married. Wow, that is quick you may think, but hey, at our age you do not have all those nitty, gritty issues; you no longer have to prove yourself to the person; you have found you space in life and you know what you want. The rest is history--we married and what a wonderful four years it has been. Finding your soul mate is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Lyd, besides your girls, Danie's the best thing that's happened in your life. We're so grateful to our Father, for bringing him into your life, and ours. It's so good to see you happy, cared for, loved and adored the way you deserve to be.

    ReplyDelete

 
View My Stats